Monday, April 18, 2016

From Kewho Min: Quotes from Three Great Men About One Great City


Quotes from Three Great Men 

About One Great City




"I believe in New Yorkers. Whether they’ve ever questioned the dream in which they live, I wouldn’t know, because I won’t ever dare ask that question."(Dylan Thomas)

"So I went to New York City to be born again. It was and remains easy for most Americans to go somewhere else and start anew. I wasn’t like my parents. I didn’t have any supposedly sacred piece of land or shoals of friends to leave behind. Nowhere has the number zero been of more philosophical value than in the United States…. and when the [train] plunged into a tunnel under New York City, with its lining of pipes and wires, I was out of the womb and into the birth canal."
(Kurt Vonnegut)

"Make your mark in New York and you are a made man." (Mark Twain)

An except from Thought Catalog's "50 Greatest Quotes About New York City" by Charlie Morrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment